We’ve assembled two expert panels that includes policy experts, labor organizers and former child laborers that will discuss the challenges faced by agricultural workers and explore policy options to improve working conditions. We will also do a deep dive into tobacco, a particularly toxic crop, that fuels a half trillion dollars in global profits every year and is built on a long history of worker exploitation. Click here to see a full conference agenda.
Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur, who has seen firsthand the conditions for workers in the tobacco fields of North Carolina, will be our honored keynote speaker. Our panel of experts include:
- Minor Sinclair, Oxfam America
- Bruce Goldstein, Farmworker Justice
- Neha Misra, Solidarity Center
- Norma Flores Lopez, Association of Farmworker Opportunity Programs
- Marty Otanez, University of Colorado at Denver
- Baldemar Velasquez, Farm Labor Organizing Committee
- Raphael Sandramu, Tobacco and Allied Workers Union of Malawi
- Abby McGill, International Labor Rights Forum
We hope you will join us! Registration will begin at 8:30am, and a light continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. The conference is free to the public.
Can't attend the conference? Join us at the 2015 Labor Rights Defenders Awards Reception.
Click here to purchase tickets to the 2015 Labor Rights Defenders Awards Reception. Please note that attendance to the conference does guarantee a spot at the Awards Reception.
Hasta La Victoria! Farm Worker Justice in Global Supply Chains is sponsored in part by: